Sunday, 13 July 2014

We have been having wetter weather, although the temps have stayed in the 20s.  Some days the humidity has been high.  It's dismal, damp and very humid here this morning, but it is trying to brighten up.



As you can see Polly has already had a hard day:)  As soon as we get back from our walk, she has her breakfast and then off to bed she goes.  It's alright for some:)



I now have three Flaming Katie's (Kalanchoes).  They are actually all different, but the little one on the right is showing the same as the big one on the left.  It's actually lighter.  I might get an Orange and a Yellow one next week.  They'd go nice in my kitchen.



This is my Calla Lily that I got last year.  I cut it all back in December and this is all the new growth.  Hoping to see some flowers soon.  This one has deep Purple flowers.




Well I hope you are all having a lovely weekend and the week ahead is a good one for you.

Remember to hug your hound/s.


10 comments:

  1. Your plants are looking great.
    How is your Dad doing?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura. Dad's doing ok. Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad. I've been thinking of you two loads this week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to grow calla lilies, but never kalanchoes. They are lovely. You have a green thumb! I hope that you, your Dad, and Polly are coping with Albe's death. We are praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura, That's nice of you.

    Hope you have a good week.

    Hazel, We are doing ok. Still seems strange to be at dad's and he's not there. Polly still looks for him when we first arrive.

    Hope you have a good week also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Polly looks well pooped...I hate the humidity too...really gets you down..but I must say the flowers seem to be doing really well and they are gorgeous..i love canna lilies too so I look forward to seeing it in bloom..i hope your dad is doing well after the sad loss of Albe and we send our hugs Bev xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bev, Thank you.

    Dad's doing ok.

    Thanks for the hugs. Sending some right back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Calla lilies! And I can definitely see that Miss Polly has it rough!

    ReplyDelete
  9. houndstooth, Polly is glad that at last someone has recognised her plight:) LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments. I do read them all and will reply in this comments section.