Monday, 19 January 2015

Polly & Honey

Well I have now had Honey for ten days.  It's like she's always been here.  No accidents indoors and she's fitted in to Polly and my routine very well.  As our routine involves a fair bit of down time, they are both very happy.



More than once Honey has tried to get Polly to play, which she does but then gets worried and growls, so Honey backs off.  They'll get it sorted.



A couple of times I have taken Honey out for a pit stop on her own and when we've come back in Polly has come up to greet her.  



Polly still won't let Honey up on my bed, but Honey seems happy enough in the dog bed.  She usually comes to me before I get up and puts her front half on the bed and has a cuddle with me.



Honey seems to have realised now I don't want her trying to eat my food and she has a look and then goes and lays down.


Walks are getting better, as Honey isn't swapping sides and getting the leads all tied up as much.  She tends to walk beside Polly now.

Honey is a tail wagger.  Well actually it goes round and round.  More than once she's hit something too hard and made herself scream.  She then sits down and then lays down cowering.  Think she thinks I have hurt her.  The cowering is just pitiful, but as soon as I pat her and talk to her she's fine.  Even Polly goes to her to check she's ok.

Looking on the Greyhound Database I found out Honey's birthday is 8th February, when she'll be 4.  Polly's birthday is 1st March and she'll be 8.  Honey's racing name was Zoos Samba Beat.

Well I hope you have a good week.  Don't forget to hug your hound/s.




12 comments:

  1. Honey is so sweet, Sue! Love her shiny coat, and it is so great that the two will become best buddies after a while. How nice Honey came to your home. Thanks for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are working out fine for the three of you. Not a very long transition time, Honey must feel at home with you which is a good thing, and Molly seems like she has found a new friend. Enjoy......

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, Polly's coat is shinier, but hopefully Honey's will get better. Honey wears the blue collar and Polly the red.

    Sue, I think Honey is very happy to be here:) Polly is enjoying having a friend, but I think she'll take longer to come round completely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet puppies. Glad everything is working out so well. :-)
    April

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to here you girls are getting on well :)
    I suppose it will take Honey a little while to get used to being a pet rather than a machine.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. April, Thank you.

    Laura, It will take time for Honey to adjust, but also Polly has to adjust to not having me all to herself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue Honey looks so happy..her sleeping position looks like she feels right at home so well done to you and Polly for helping her feel like family ;) glad it is going so well :) lves Bev and gang xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bev, She has settled so quickly. I don't think she wants to go back to those cold kennels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I especially like to hear about the incidents of tail wagging, food peering, bed cuddling. Sone of those I have experienced with Hera, and some with other hounds. they are all unique and all alike!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hazel, They are all different, just like us humans:)

    Hope you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sue! Congratulations on adding Honey to the family! She looks like a great girl. Glad you are all doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hiking Hounds, Thank you. She is:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments. I do read them all and will reply in this comments section.

All comments will appear once approved.