Saturday, 25 July 2015

Hang Music


You will need to click on the 'Pause' button at the top left of this page to stop the music on this blog, so you can hear the music in the video below.

I have changed the music on this blog.  It will play automatically.  

The four tracks are all use the instrument called a Hang.
  1. The Hang (German pronunciation: [haŋ], plural form: Hanghang) is a musical instrument in the idiophone class created by Felix Rohner and Sabina Schärer in Bern, Switzerland. The name of their company is PANArt Hangbau AG (from Wikipedia).
This is what they look like.






You will need to click on the 'Pause' button at the top left of this page to stop the music on this blog, so you can hear the music in the video below.


Here they are being played.



The sound they make is beautiful.

7 comments:

  1. Awesome! Some very interesting, unique & quite pretty music. I have never heard of this, but perhaps I"ve heard the instruments used with other orchestral sounds and didn't realize what created it! How amazing that someone could look at these shapes and decide it could be musical, THEN learn to play beautiful sounds with it. Makes me think of the instrument (that no one touches) which makes the theme music for Midsomer Murders. TFS this. You find out the most unusual information!!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. MaryH, I saw something on Facebook yesterday and that led me to investigate hang further.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful music! I'm thinking kitties would be quite skillful at playing the hang :-) Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kat, Kitties are always musical. You only have to hear one walk across piano keys:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are wonderful, Sue! Thanks for educating me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That music is sooooo soothing. I really like it.
    Have a great day.
    April

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, Glad you liked my post.

    April, Thanks. You have a nice day too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments. I do read them all and will reply in this comments section.

All comments will appear once approved.