Friday, 5 August 2016

Flower Festival

At the weekend I went to the annual Flower Festival at this beautiful old church.  Mum sang in the choir as a young woman and mum and dad got married there.  I try and go every year and usually meet up with my friend, but she wasn't well so couldn't go.


St. Mary's, Old Hunstanton, Norfolk



The parish church of St Mary, situated in the grounds of Hunstanton Hall, is a Grade I listed building.  It was built by Sir Hamon le Strange in about 1300 and extensively rebuilt and restored during the 19th century by architect Frederick Preedy for Henry Le Strange (1815- 1862), developer of New Hunstanton.


This year the theme was Songs.

 Yellow Submarine (1966)


This one is You Are My Sunshine (1939)


She's Only A Bird In A Gilded Cage (1900)


Not sure what this one was.


Four Seasons In A Year (2002)


A Load of Hay (1891-1950)


By The Light Of The Silvery Moon (1909)


The other side of Four Seasons In A Year


My Boy Lollipop (1950s)


Oh I Do Like To Be At The Seaside (1907)


Misty (1954)


Catch a Falling Star (1957)


Chick Chick Chick Chick Chicken (1925)






The Bell's Of St. Mary's (`1945)





A nightingale Sang In Berkley Square (1939)


Pack Up Your Troubles (1915)





7 comments:

  1. Beautifully colorful, and so artistic! Thank you for sharing beauty shaped by a human's creative mind! GORGEOUS and a beautiful outing, too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely pictures. I think I remember you posting about it last year. But it doesn't seem like it has been that long ago. I just love old churches. Have a great weekend.
    April

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, Glad you liked seeing the photos.

    April, Glad you enjoyed looking at the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those flower displays are so lovely & colourful. The church looks lovely too & I bet it smelt wonderful with all those flowers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Di, Actually it didn't smell. I even smelt some of the plants up close, but they didn't smell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those displays are so gorgeous! Love all of the different themes.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynne, Glad you liked them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments. I do read them all and will reply in this comments section.

All comments will appear once approved.